Important tips for having a great website:
- Keep your website clean and simple but catchy for your customer’s eyes.
- The front page is the most important of your website to keep people
interested and want to look more.
- If you want a great website consider adding a short video to your site. This
will capture people’s attention, but make it short and to the point.
- Ensure that you own your website. This is extremely important. All
websites that I create are owned by the customer.
- If you have a Business Facebook page, then you should definitely
consider adding the Facebook link to your website. After all it is
- Have special promotions- give people a reason to keep coming back to your website to see what is happening.
- If you have a Website that sells different products, Don’t forget that some of your products might fall in more than one category. For example, a watch that is also a ring would go in Watches and rings, but something like a child safety seat would go in children, car accessories, maybe even safety equipment. This is cross selling and can be extremely beneficial in boosting product sales.
- Do not forget to google your own site to see how it looks to other people. Use different browsers to google with too like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, firefox, etc. What might look great on one browser might not on another.
- Consider giving free tips or information on your website or Facebook business page. It generates goodwill and helps show that you are knowledgeable in your chosen field! I have additional free tips on my own Facebook Page. If you have liked it you will receive the regular updates.
- Use your Facebook page to direct people to your website. Don’t forget to include your website address and email address on your Business Facebook page.
- Do not be afraid to ask your website maintenance provider how often they back up your website. This is especially important if you make regular changes or if the website hosting company has some problems. If they leave it to the website hosting company your information will be 4 to 6 weeks old.
- How good are Google Fonts? This is a cheap and fantastic way of having fancy writing i.e. the font change and better yet it is free so you can use it on your blog or website! One thing to watch- you only get to choose no more than 6 fonts. So it is a good idea to trial it first.
- If you have a wordpress website, you will want to make sure that the Search box is removed. If you are unsure how this is done please contact me for a great price so I can show you how to do that yourself in the future.
- Jazz up your website by adding a rotating image to your sidebar. You could use this for advertisements, sales and discounted items. It works very well on WordPress websites!
- Now that Google are giving Responsive Websites a higher SEO rating, do not forget to make sure that your website works well on all multiple browsers and devices.
- If you need a website and are not sure what you need, make sure you have all your written content, what pages you might want and your professional looking images with their information. It will save you time and money!
- As google have now changed tactics and are rating only the mobile responsive websites well, have you made sure your website is up to date?
- Business cards are an excellent way of advertising your website. Great looking business cards help to achieve a quality look for your business.
- When your WordPress website has updates and a new version of WordPress to install (if you have not set automatic installer) make sure to do the updates first before the new version of WordPress. Sometimes errors can occur if the latest updates have not already gone through.